Heater Allegedly Sparks Fire In Carmichael Apartment Buildings

On December 26, 2018, rescue crews responded to a fire in two Carmichael apartment buildings. Thankfully, nobody was killed or injured in this fire.

According to CBS-13 Sacramento, this fire took place around 4AM in an apartment complex close to Manzanita and Coyle avenues. Fire crews quickly evacuated everyone inside these buildings as they put out the blaze.

Most of the people who live in these apartment buildings said they believed a faulty heater caused this fire. Residents said they first heard crackling on the roof, which is also where the heater is located.

It took firefighters a few hours to completely put out this fire. Investigators are now trying to confirm whether the heater really was the main issue.

After everyone was evacuated, rescue workers transported about eight people to get checked for smoke inhalation. Police believe, however, these victims will survive their injuries.

Amazingly, this Carmichael fire was one of three that Sacramento-area firefighters responded to this Christmas. At 11AM on Christmas day, Sacramento crews put out a fire in Arden-Arcade. The second fire erupted at about 1:30AM close to Lawnwood Drive in Sacramento.

Although three people were injured in the Arden-Arcade fire, all three are expected to recover from their injuries.

Anyone who wants to learn more about the Sacramento Metro Fire Department’s work should visit this official website. The Sacramento Fire Department is headquartered at 5770 Freeport Blvd, Suite 200 Sacramento, CA 95822.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *